DHL Supply Chain is a global supply chain company with more than 200,000 employees that services more than 2,000 customers in 52 countries around the world. DHL Supply Chain bills itself as a onestop shop for packaging services to help its customers focus on their manufacturing business while reducing total supply chain costs while improving sustainability credentials.
As part of an ongoing digitization initiative, DHL Supply Chain required a technology solution for its Brantford, Canada, location, its largest facility. Reliant on an existing set of manual counts and pen and paper procedures, DHL Supply Chain’s challenge was finding a digital solution that could deliver on efficiencies and process improvements and help them standardize their global operations.
“Strategic partnerships are very important in our business. Technology helps strengthen those relationships by providing value to our customers showing that their goals are our goals.”
STEPHEN MASTERNAK – GENERAL MANAGER
DHL SUPPLY CHAIN – BRANTFORD, CANADA
DHL Supply Chain needed a technology that was able to deliver on:
· Greater visibility into its operations, labor and product;
· Improved response times for audits, reconciliations and traceability requests;
· Multi-site capabilities so they could implement the platform across their global operations.
After a successful pilot program in Brantford, Canada, Nulogy’s solutions were rolled out to facilities across North America, the United Kingdom and Brazil. Improvements DHL Supply Chain has seen include:
· Faster audits: Using PackManager, Health Canada audits can be provided in four hours with increased accuracy. The previous system required analyzing five days of production, but with Nulogy a single pallet can technically be looked at.
· 15% increase in operational efficiencies from access to improved data visualizatio and productivity, resulting in a 20% increase in volume due to the capacity improvements at the Brantford, Canada, site.
· Faster reconciliations: Better reporting avoids manual counts recorded on a spreadsheet, taking 2–3 days and holding up customer orders.
· Reduced waste: Better inventory tracking lowered customers’ material costs and saved the customer millions in safety stock reduction.
“In a market where reduced costs and quicker response times are a priority, Nulogy solutions provided the accuracy necessary to stay competitive and keep growing the business.”
MONIQUE PRINCE – OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR
DHL SUPPLY CHAIN – CUMBICA, BRAZIL